HR and Benefits Modules Offered Through iSolved
PPA’s new payroll platform, iSolved, provides the option to integrate human resources, benefits, and time and attendance with the payroll process—allowing clients to manage all aspects of their workforce with a single login to a single data source.
“This approach is at the leading edge of a phrase we are hearing more and more: human capital management,” says Paul Sivak, vice president and principal. “One of the things we like best is that the components are scalable and can be added when the client needs them.”
- Applicant Tracking – Improves the hiring process. This is an easy-to-use, powerful online tool to collect information from each applicant and track your actions.
- Onboarding – A paperless onboarding module with single data entry allows you to streamline the process for all new hires.
- Carrier Connection – Creates an electronic link to outside benefits carriers, to ensure data gets to insurance carriers quickly, accurately, and without manual or redundant processes. This module can be used for 401K, HSA and FSA employee contributions.
- Employee Self-Service – Enables employees to access their full array of employment data anywhere, any time, including open enrollment, benefits summary and details, tax documents, and more. It is scalable, meaning clients can set the type of access they wish to offer employees.
- Time and Attendance – This module is fully integrated into the new platform, eliminating double entry.
Please contact your sales representative to discuss how these additional services can help fully support your payroll, benefits, and hiring needs.
Mandatory Paid Sick Leave Law Enacted
Many municipalities and states have recently enacted laws requiring that employers provide paid sick leave to employees. The amount and method varies greatly between these locations.
"We are seeing an unprecedented wave of jurisdictions that are embracing this," says Leslie Day, director of HR consulting services with Precision Payroll. “Previously, the federal laws did not mandate for businesses to offer any paid time off at all.”
To see a list of states that either require paid sick leave, or have municipalities with similar requirements on our website, click here
Interestingly, several cities in Cook County, Ill., have opted out of these new mandatory sick leave and minimum wage requirements. (See list of cities here
For additional details, you can read a related article in the October 2016 issue of our newsletter, here
. This may be a good time for clients to have their handbook updated, and Precision can help! Ask Leslie or Cori.
Please discuss with your Payroll Specialist any changes you may need with your payroll to calculate and manage employee paid time-off benefits.
Training Enables Smooth Migration
Precision has been providing clients with thorough, customized training to make the migration process to the iSolved platform as seamless as possible. So far, 70% of clients have transitioned, with more moving over every day.
In addition to live training on the new system, an online video shows step-by-step instructions on how to use all the features.
“We have taken great care to make sure it’s a smooth process for each client,” says Stacey Hietikko, director of information services. “Not only do we bring over 2017 data, but we also run a parallel payroll the first time after migration, to make sure there are no errors.”
After the transition, clients quickly see the time and cost savings of payroll processing that includes single-entry data, remote access, and real-time processing.
“Running payroll is now as simple as hitting the ‘Process’ button,” says Sivak. “The user-friendly interface makes data input simple and reporting capabilities robust.”