Seminar: New Illinois Laws All Employers Need To Know
Thursday, March 5, 2014
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Richard Lofgren, Attorney
Charles Wentworth, Attorney
The law offices of Lofgren & Wentworth, P.C.
The Entrepreneur’s Legal Resource
Leslie Day, Director
Precision Payroll of America LLC/ Precision HR
This seminar serves to update Employers, CPAs*, Accounting Managers, Controllers, Human Resources and Small Business Owners on relevant topics including:
- New Illinois laws effective January 2015
- Recent law changes affecting ALL Illinois employers, no matter the number of employees
- Rick will provide a full explanation of the new law protecting employees and applicants relating to Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Charles will provide a full explanation of the new law limiting Criminal Records Inquiries for job applicants
- Actions needed by employers to be compliant with the new Pregnancy/Childbirth and Criminal Records requirements
- Leslie will discuss a few other new Illinois employment law issues “hot off the press” including minimum wage, mandated retirement IRAs, tax requirements for medical insurance payments, to name a few.
*IL CPE CREDIT PROVIDED